Skip to main content

20 SERVICE SELECTION BOARD BHOPAL



31st July 2010, I was rejected from No.2 Air Force Selection Board Mysore. I was disappointed, disheartened for couple of days, but regain my consciousness soon. I felt if god is there, then he is testing my patience. I got my SSB call for Technical Graduate Course-112 and Coast Guard Technical Entry. My army SSB was on 13th of September in Bhopal and my Coast Guard Technical Entry SSB was on 21st of September on Chennai. I did plan to counter both of the SSB made my reservation. It was going to be non stop journey for me.
I started preparing from scratch. I had fear of getting screened out, so I was concentrating on reasoning part of verbal and non verbal test, I prepared for my interview, brushed up my psychology. I knew I am making mistakes in my psychology but I was not able to identify it that where I am making mistake. I was making positive stories, was able to complete all word association test, was completing 50 situation reaction test question out of 60. But still I felt I am making mistake there as interview and group task was going fine.
I reached Bhopal on 13th of September which was our reporting date. Close to 200 candidates reported on that day. I was coming to Bhopal for the third time. The same routine was followed on that day, of filling up of forms, and allotting stage one chest numbers.
DAY 1
It was screening day. I woke up early, got freshen up, changed into formal dress. In reasoning I got the same question paper of verbal and non verbal, which I earlier got in Allahabad, where I was screened out. Today, I wasn't in a mood to get screened out. I was ready to fight to win. I attempted all the question and completed well before time. It was all result of my preparation before.
Then in PPDT I made a good story, and in discussion I narrated well, and didn't spoke in discussion.
Before announcing of result I was nervous, but preparation and learning from past really helps. I was screened in. My new chest number for Stage 2 was chest number 18. I was chest number in my group.
DAY 2
Psychology test day. I was nervous, I was making mistake in this part. But I decided, that I will write positive stories which earlier I was doing so. I completed all the stories within time, completed all the word association test's words. Did 50 situation reaction test. I was satisfied with my performance, and got a gut feeling that I have done well.
On the same day my interview was there. My interviewer was Deputy President of 20 SSB Bhopal. I was nervous, but ready. I was called at 12.30 pm, but my interview started at 1345Hrs. The first question itself was that from where I got so much determination to come for a sixth attempt. Followed by a rapid fire. Lot of engineering question was asked, and then so many general knowledge questions. My interview was about one hour and five minutes long. It was the longest interview which I ever gave till now. It was a good interview, as I answered all engineering questions and general knowledge questions. I was happy with it.
DAY 3
GROUP TASK DAY 1. Today it was our group task day. In morning at 0530Hrs we reported near testing hall, where above photograph was captured for our batch. Then we moved to Group Task ground. Our Group Task Testing officer was Lt. Col Tripathy. Our group discussion was very chilled out, no one was fighting with each other, everyone was giving chance to others. I felt it was a very cold group discussion. Same cold discussion was there in military planning. Our progressive group task was good, as every single candidate was taking interest. Half group task was good, then we enjoyed snake race. In lecturate I got topic of fast food.
In evening we planned to watch movie Dabbang. But all the theaters were housefull, and there was no multiplex in Bhopal. We went to a Mall which was recently opened in Bhopal, and was the only Mall in Bhopal. I am a very romantic person, and we enjoyed beautiful girls of Bhopal.
Our day ended in bhopal's worst traffic hangover.
DAY 4
Final day of group task. First we had our individual task. I did 8 obstacles out of ten in three minutes. It was one of the good performances, compared with my previous attempts. Then in command task I got the toughest command task, in past also I have always got toughest of all. This one was very tough, and somehow I completed it. I was called by three of my group mates.
In final group task, we completed, thanks to our Group Testing officer, as he just asked our ideas, and completed it in five minutes.
In the day ending speech by Group Testing Officer, he sounded very angry. It was thirty minutes long speech. I felt he is in a mood to washout our group. But we had two previously recommended candidates with us, so I felt its impractical to think about such result.
In evening we again went to mall to enjoy beauty of beautiful girls. lolz
DAY 5
It was conference day, the judgement day. Our conference started at eleven in morning, till chest number 17 the pace was slow, as my chest number came, pace increased. In conference other than formal question he asked me that, where i made mistake this time. I noticed that only one group testing officer was sitting to my right and all other chairs were empty, and that officer was not our group testing officer.
Finally, when the result was announced at three in evening, only four got recommended. One was fresher, and three were repeaters. Our group was washed out, as I doubted it before.
Sixth attempt and I was still not recommended. My determination level was increasing more by each rejection. I already made my reservation, and now my next destination is Chennai for Coast Guard SSB interview.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Provillus: The Answer To Your Hair Loss Problems

Overview Provillus is an herbal product which is effective in treating hair loss problems. It treats the scalp to prevent further hair loss and stimulates hair growth so that new hairs can grow much more easily. It is manufactured on a very large scale in United States of America. It uses two kinds of drugs to treat hair fall. The first drug is minoxidil. Minoxidil is an approved drug by FDA and it helps to fight hair fall in a very efficient manner. Anyone can use this product to make their hair stronger than before. Other than minoxidil, natural ingredients are used by combining various natural elements. These elements are easily available on nearby stores. This is a universal truth that hair fall treatments are very expensive but the price at which provillus is available is comparatively very less than other products available in the market. Pros: 1.     Effectiveness of provillus has been proved through clinical procedure. It has been tested several times to ensure th

25 Facts about Battle of Longewala

I am ready to bet that these facts will surprise you and I am sure you were not aware about it.  1.        Major Kuldeep Singh Chandpuri was the company commander of one of the companies of 23 rd Battalion of Punjab regiment which took defences in Longewala. It was a detached company which implies that rest of the battalion had taken up defences far away from the location. 2.        The distance between Longewala and the 23 Punjab Battalion location by road was approximately 26 kms. This meant that in case Longewala was attacked then it would be difficult to reinforce the Longewala defences on time. 3.        Tactical commanders considered Longewala as less important location, and this was the reason to employ just one detached company. 4.        Pakistanis entered India from a place called Ghotaru which is 40 kms by road away from Longewala. There was direct axis from where they could have attacked Jaisalmer. 5.        Pakistanis objective wa

Sizzling Vidya Balan